At CostaMatch, your privacy is a top priority.
We appreciate the fact that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind and we ensure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We work hard to keep your information secure. Our teamis dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
EFFECTIVE DATE: Dec 9, 2020
1. WHO WE ARE
Calle Pilar 39
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CostaMatch cannot help you develop meaningful relationships without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you'd like to meet. We collect information generated as you use our services, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. Additional information can be found below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login details, as well as some basic information necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos is shared with us. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you might allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered "special" or "sensitive" in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us, or our payment service provider, with information like your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer service team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction.
- CostaMatch also processes your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us with, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Users Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
- Social Media You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your CostaMatch account. This saves you from having to remember yet another user name and password and allows you to share some information from your social media account with us.
- Other Partners We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance when CostaMatch accounts can be created through a partner's websites (in which case they pass along registration information to us) or where CostaMatch ads are published on a partner's websites and platforms.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you have used, how you have used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information We collect information about your activity on our services.
- Device Information We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services.
- Other Information with your consent If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
With your consent, we may collect your photos and videos.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a "Do Not Track" ("DNT") feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser's user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including CostaMatch, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. We use your information to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Please find below a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections and relationships
- Show users' profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users' behavior to improve our services and content
- Develop new features and services
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: The main reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us.
- Legitimate interests: We may also use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you find a meaningful relationship, the main sharing of users' information is obviously with other users. We also share some users' information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services, with other Match Group companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Please find below more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With Other Users You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service including your public profile. Be careful with your information and make sure that you're comfortable with the content being publicly viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
- If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
- With our service providers and partners We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services.
- For corporate transactions We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government/law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sharing of information laid out in Section 6 sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that's associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help here.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. If you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information from CostaMatch
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact CostaMatch.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
We may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
- Accountability. In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information.
9. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot promise that your personal information will always remain secure. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify CostaMatch immediately.
10. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5 and as permitted by applicable law).
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account, unless:
- We must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- We must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- There is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- The information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security.
Although our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
11. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
This policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US